To add a new partition in the Mac hard drive, implement the below mentioned steps :
- First of all download and install the Partition Magic Software. The main interface will list all the hard drives attached to the system. Select the hard drive, in which new partition has to get created and then tap ‘Add’ button from the tool bar.
- Now the ‘Add New Volume’ dialog box will get appeared. Specify the volume name and it’s size under the slider. Tap ‘OK’ button.
- The new operation will get added to the ‘Task to do’ list. Tap ‘Start’ button the toolbar for initializing the partition creation process.
- A message box will get displayed with a message to take back-up of all the important data before carrying out the procedure. Tap ‘Continue’ to create/add the new partition.
- Further, upon the completion of the entire procedure, a message box will get displayed. Here one can also see the new partition in the drive along with several other partitions.