Resizing of the Mac Partition is done via two ways i.e., through increasing the partition of the Mac partition size and decreasing the Mac partition size.
Steps on How To Increase the Mac Partition Size
- Tap the particular Volume/Partition from the graphical view of the volume.
- Manually drag down the slider from the bottom of the partition, up to the required size and then tap ‘Resize’.
- Choose the particular partition and the free spaces all together from the graphical view of the Interface. Tap ‘Resize’ icon on the tool bar.
- Once, the ‘Resize’ icon got tapped, the ‘Resize Partition’ window will get appear. Now move the slider and specify the needed volume size. Tap ‘OK’ to initialize the resizing procedure.
- After the completion of the resizing operation, the resized partition will get mounted on the desktop.
Steps On How To Decrease The Mac Partition Size
- Make selection of the particular Mac partition, which is to get decrease.
Tap ‘Resize’. The resizing procedure will get start.
Note : In a data if any sort of data block is detected in between the free spaces, then users might receive a pop-up message to optimize the free space. In this sort of situation it is advised to tap ‘Optimize’ for proceeding further. This will surely optimize the free space and resize the volume to the desired size.